Essential Tips for Packing Light but Still Taking What You Want!
Packing light with a carry-on only is becoming an increasingly popular option and it’s easy to appreciate why. Being able to whizz through the airport without having to check in your luggage and collect it on the other side saves you a lot of time and hassle.
But shunning a larger suitcase in favour of a compact carry-on doesn’t have to mean compromising too much on what you’re able to take. Through utilising certain packing methods and making wiser choices with your clothing, footwear, accessories, hair and beauty items and electronics, it’s definitely possible to pack light while still taking what you want. Read on for our top tips on how you can do this…
Travel clothing, footwear and accessories
- Instead of folding or rolling everything, squeeze up to 50% extra clothing in with compression sacks that eliminate air weight.
- Leave the travel iron behind and take lightweight, wrinkle-free travel clothes like Anatomie clothing.
- Wear heavier items such as ankle boots and chunky coats on the plane.
- Opt for foldable ballet flats in your carry-on suitcase.
Hair and beauty products
- Pick a hotel that provides hairdryers to avoid having to bring your own
- Ditch the toiletry bottles and take sample sachets of your favorite cosmetics and perfume
- Take a travel-sized all-in-one hairstyling tool that lets you straighten, curl, smooth or increase the volume of your hair without having to carry a range of bulky items
- When travelling with a group of friends or family members, instead of each taking the same products, it makes sense to just take what you need between you and split these items across all of your suitcases. This will free up space, but won’t leave any of you without
Take an ultra-streamlined tablet with a detachable miniature keyboard instead of a laptop
if you’ve got work to keep up with while away
- Take a kindle instead of traditional books
- Leave behind the DSLR camera and use your smartphone to take photos.
Do you have any more tips to share on packing light yet still taking what you want?