We know our Anatomie ladies love to travel (and they do it with the utmost style of course!) So we have compiled a great list of new year’s resolutions that will help motivate you to fulfill the travel goals you have for 2014. These are fun, easy ways to get your jetset spirit fueled up and ready to go.
- Set 3 destinations and WRITE THEM DOWN. First things first, set your destination goals. Find 3 new places you would like to visit this year. Remember, they don’t have to be far away lands! Is there a cool city in your state you’ve been dying to see? Or a road trip you and the girls have been talking about for years? Get a pen and paper, write these destinations down, and clip them to a board or area on your desk you will see every day.
- Travel to a place that throws you out of your comfort zone. This is a great resolution because, as humans, we love our routines and comfort zones. Find a place that makes you somewhat uncomfortable and just go. (And by “uncomfortable” I don’t mean insecure…please travel safe ladies!) Maybe you don’t speak the language or know little about the culture? Take a chance. You won’t regret it.
- Unplug yourself from the social media world and enjoy the adventure in front of you. We have unfortunately become slightly obsessed with the Facebook/Instagram world, don’t you think? You find yourself in an unforgettable moment and are instantly grabbing for your phone to snap the picture and share with your social media friends. But sometimes, this obsession takes away from the uniqueness of the moment and you end up wasting more time on your phone than actually enjoying what’s in front of you. So this year make it your goal to unplug from this addictive world when you travel and simply indulge in the special moments you create.
- Travel light (you know you want to avoid those luggage fees). Alright, now this is where Anatomie comes in! You know our clothes are extremely light and easy to pack in small bags. So why not buy yourself some of our amazing travel clothes for women? They will help you avoid the worry and hassle of overweight luggage AND give you the effortless style you need while traveling!
- Go with the flow on airport days. This is crucial, especially if you travel during the winter season. Travel days will NEVER go as planned, so you might as well go with the flow and mentally prepare yourself for just about anything. Flight delays, missed layovers, problems with luggage. It can happen to anyone, no matter how “well prepared” you think you are! So make it a goal this year to smile and remain calm when life throws these curveballs. It will make the experience much less stressful. (Not to mention, airport personnel will be much more willing to help if you smile and calmly express your concerns…hint hint.)
We wish you a happy new year filled with the most amazing travel experiences! Have you set some cool resolutions of your own? Share them below!