Hotel shampoo does the job!
If you’re traveling abroad on an extended trip at some stage you will probably find yourself needing to wash your travel pants. Given that there may not be any washing powder close at hand, this can be a daunting task, but we have all the tips you’ll ever need on how to wash your travel pants.
1. Obviously the most basic step, put the pants that you’d like to clean in the sink filled with cool warm water.
2. Soap and hotel shampoo do the job and they’re easy enough to get your hands on. If you’ve really planned ahead then you can use your washing supplies, wash your travel pants by moving them around in soapy water. But remember, timing is essential. You don’t want to leave your washing too late and end up with only damp clothes.
Don’t forget to rinse
3. Drain the soapy water out of the sink and then rinse with a fresh sink full of cool water. Rinse as many times as necessary but twice should be fine.
Squeeze the excess water out
4. Squeeze out as much of the water as you possibly can, this will ensure that your garments dry a lot faster. It is important to note that you should always pack travel pants that are quick-drying (for example cotton pants may seem light and breathable, but they actually take ages to dry!) so that they’ll dry over night and you won’t be waiting days for your pants to dry in your room.
Anatomie’s travel pants have all been created with the female traveler in mind, and they are made from only the highest quality fabrics that are quick drying and wrinkle resistant — perfect for travel.
Plan your laundry a head of time
5. Plan where you will hang your laundry so you don’t end up wetting the entire room. Almost every hotel room will have a towel rack. Otherwise you can get inventive and hang your clothing over the shower door or over the bath tub.
In a rush?
6. If you’re in a rush to dry your pants you can always use the blow dryer to speed up the process. Or perhaps you had a slight accident with a bottle of ketchup, an unfortunate time of the month, or a spilt glass of wine then what you need to do is a spot clean. Just go to the ladies bathroom and put your pants under COLD water and use soap to scrub them clean and then use the hand dryer for a few minutes. Good as new in 5 minutes flat.